Room Booking Policy
- Booking a room at Pickeyweedz does not constitute or imply a lease/sublet in any way shape or form. We do not ‘rent’ rooms, rather we charge a fee for the use of one of our two available rooms for the purposes of divination, healing, consultations etc.
- Booking a room at Pickeyweedz does not constitute employment from Pickeyweedz.
- You may not advertise that you ‘work at Pickeyweedz’ or any other similar statement that would give a reasonable person the impression that you are an employee or representative of Pickeyweedz. You may advertise that you are e.g., “Doing readings at Pickeyweedz” etc. and list the times you have booked.
Employees of Pickeyweedz are by definition on our payroll and are a W2-listed team members.
o Making a false claim that you are a Pickeyweedz team member when you are not will result in prompt legal action against you.
o Pickeyweedz team members may also book a room outside of their scheduled working hours but are held to the same standards as listed in this policy document.
o Pickeyweedz owners reserve the right to use either room during any non-booked time at their discretion.
- When you book a room, you must pay the entire booking fee upfront at the Pickeyweedz register. The fee is subject to change based on the needs of the store. If you are booking the room for more than one day in advance, you must pay the entire fee for all the intended days upfront.
- Room booking fees start at $25 per day. The day here means one hour after opening to one hour before store closure - bookings are available from 12 pm EST to 6 pm EST. There is no discount for booking multiple days. Store hours are 11-7, seven days a week.
- Pickeyweedz is generally open 7 days a week, but this is subject to change based on both the needs of the store as well as weather or other conditions. In the event of early store closure, you will be able to reschedule for the next available day or we will refund your booking fee.
- If you are booking a room and not charging a fee i.e. free readings or readings for donations only with no set amount or expectation - we will waive the $25 booking fee.
- It is your responsibility to notify your clients of store closure and to reschedule.
- If you need to cancel your booking after having paid the booking fee, you will be able to book the next available day or you will be refunded your booking fee.
o If you abuse the process by conducting repeated booking / canceling more than three times in a quarter, you will no longer be able to book a room at Pickeyweedz. Exceptions will be granted for valid weather disruptions.
o If the Pickeyweedz team receives grave concerns or complaints about the activity taking place in your booked room, you will no longer be able to book rooms at Pickeyweedz.
- Bookings for rooms are made available as a courtesy to both the community and the practitioner. Booking patrons must bear in mind that despite not being an employee of Pickeyweedz your deeds and actions may reflect upon us and therefore must be positive, truthful & honest in nature.
o All bookings must be done in the Spirit of Pickeyweedz core values which include:
- Expert knowledge of the work to be conducted
- Excellent Customer Service / Satisfaction
- Academic / Cultural Accuracy
o Any person and/or group booking rooms found to be outright defrauding the public will be permanently banned from booking any room at Pickeyweedz.
o Though divination is considered ‘For Entertainment Purposes Only’ by law, it remains a consistent practice of numerous faiths & paths and is considered part of our religious practice. We expect all patrons booking rooms for any purpose to be doing so in keeping with best practices and in good faith to provide for the best possible experience for the customer.
- In other words, always be truthful and honest.
- The Pickeyweedz team reserves the right to personally vet/approve or deny any / all activities taking place at our store.
- If you have booked the room but are unable to make it to the store it is your responsibility to notify your clients and the Pickeyweedz team. Pickeyweedz staff are not your secretary and will not be responsible for your individual client bookings.
- If the Pickeyweedz team receives complaints about your no-shows for the client’s booked time more than three times in a quarter, you will no longer be able to book rooms at Pickeyweedz
The following activities constitute acceptable practice in a booked room:
o Tarot Reading
o Oracle Reading
o Runes / Bones / Coins or other similar divination techniques
o Past Life Regression Work
o Energy Healing / Reiki
o Shamanistic Healing
o Consultations / Therapy (Licensed Practitioners Only)
The following activities constitute UNACCEPTABLE practice in a booked room:
- o Anything that might be considered lewd behavior i.e., pornography, sexual activity.
- Any practice that is blatantly inaccurate culturally and/or academically.
- o Any activity that causes a disturbance, altercation, or a nuisance to the Pickeyweedz team or others in and/or around the store.
- o Any violent activity or activity that might have the tendency to instill violence.
- o Any activity that could be construed as physical/mental harassment, sexual harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
- o No consumption or distribution of illicit substances including but not limited to alcohol or any drug.
- o Any unlawful activity whatsoever.
- You will be banned from the store & you will be reported to the Clarks Summit / South Abington Police Department/s immediately.
Bring what you need to conduct your sessions for the day and take them home with you upon completion.
o Pickeyweedz nor our landlord will not be held responsible for any damage, theft, or other loss to your personal property.
o If your equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen Pickeyweedz assumes no liability or responsibility.
o If you leave your equipment or property in disregard of these rules you will no longer be able to book rooms at Pickeyweedz.
- The booking party is fully as well as financially liable for any and all damage to the booked room caused by negligence, carelessness, or abuse of the booked room.
o Pickeyweedz nor our Landlord assumes no liability or responsibility for any injury to you or to your client during a booked room session.
o Pickeyweedz nor our Landlord assumes no liability or responsibility for any result from your booked session and are held harmless to any result of work conducted in your booked room regardless of the activity.
SIGNED (Patron / Room Booker): __________________________________ Date: __ / __ / ___
Phone Number: ____________________
MANAGEMENT SIGNATURE: _____________________________________ Date: __ / __ / ___