Room Booking Policy
- Booking a room at Pickeyweedz does not constitute or imply a lease/sublet in any way shape or form. We do not ‘rent’ rooms, rather we charge a fee for the use of our available room for the purposes of divination, healing, consultations, etc.
- Booking a room at Pickeyweedz does not constitute employment from Pickeyweedz.
- You may not advertise that you ‘work at Pickeyweedz’ or any other similar statement that would give a reasonable person the impression that you are an employee or representative of Pickeyweedz. You may advertise that you are e.g., “Doing readings at Pickeyweedz” etc., and list the times you have booked.
Employees of Pickeyweedz are by definition on our payroll and are W2-listed team members.
o Making a false claim that you are a Pickeyweedz team member when you are not will result in prompt legal action against you.
o Pickeyweedz team members may also book a room outside of their scheduled working hours but are held to the same standards as listed in this policy document.
o Pickeyweedz owners reserve the right to use all rooms during any non-booked time at their discretion.
- When you book a room, you must pay the entire booking fee upfront at the Pickeyweedz register. The fee is subject to change based on the needs of the store. If you are booking the room for more than one day in advance, you must pay the entire fee for all the intended days upfront.
- Room booking fees start at $25 per day. The day here means one hour after opening to one hour before store closure - bookings are available from 1 PM EST to 7 PM EST. There is no discount for booking multiple days. There is no discount for bookings that take less than the full day. E.G. You don't get a reduced rate if you only need the room for an hour etc. Store hours are 12 PM - 8 PM, Wednesday through Sunday each week. The store is normally closed for all operations on Monday & Tuesday of each week.
- Pickeyweedz is generally open 5 days a week, but this is subject to change based on both the needs of the store as well as weather or other conditions.
- It is YOUR responsibility to conclude your sessions in the booked space in a TIMELY MANNER. A timely manner means you do not take clients that might extend the time in the booked room to the point you interfere with store operations including and especially the closing time of the store. You are made well aware that the booking time is from 1 PM EST - to 7 PM EST which provides one hour prior to the closure of the store. Anyone not out of the room after 7 PM EST will receive a one-time warning regarding violation of this policy. A second occurrence of remaining in the room after 7 PM EST will result in the denial of all future booking requests.
- The old policy of waiving the booking fee for donations-based or free services is no longer in effect as of November 1st, 2023. Going forward ALL bookings for the bookable room (Room #2) will be required to pay $25 for the booking fee IN ADVANCE of ANY event or activity. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. The event space will remain available free of charge for donations-based or free events. This policy change affects the bookable room (Room #2) only.
- If you had a previous booking prior to November 1st, 2023 for an event that takes place after November 1st, 2023 we will honor our previous commitment and you will not be charged for that specific booking whether that event was donations-based or free. If the event was charged a booking fee prior to November 1st, 2023 you will not be charged any additional booking fees. Any other booking made on or after November 1st, 2023 for Room #2 will be subject to the new policy and will be charged a $25 booking fee prior to the room being booked for you.
- As of November 1st, 2023 Room #1 is no longer a bookable space. The only room that remains bookable is Room #2. Room #1 will be of use to the Pickeyweedz team ONLY. If you have events for Room #1 that were previously booked prior to this policy change we will honor those previous commitments and you will be permitted to utilize Room #1 as previously agreed.
- It is your responsibility to notify your clients of store closures and/or your cancellations, changes, etc., and to reschedule. The Pickeyweedz team IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CLIENTS OR FOR THEIR NOTIFICATIONS.
- If you are conducting an event donations-based or otherwise the booking party is SOLEY responsible for ensuring you have your own payment methods in place and that they are functional. If you accept cash you are responsible for having sufficient change on hand for your clients. If you utilize electronic payments it is the booking party's responsibility to ensure you are familiar with its operation. The Pickeyweedz team WILL NOT provide change services for your events. The Pickeyweedz team WILL NOT provide technical assistance for your electronic payment services.
- If you need to cancel your booking after having paid the booking fee for your own personal reasons you FORFEIT YOUR BOOKING FEE. Booking Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
If you abuse the process by conducting repeated bookings / canceling more than three times in a quarter, you will no longer be able to book a room at Pickeyweedz. Exceptions will be granted for valid weather disruptions or issues related to store operations beyond your control.
o If the Pickeyweedz team receives grave concerns or complaints about the activity taking place in your booked room, you will no longer be able to book rooms at Pickeyweedz.
- Bookings for the room are made available as a courtesy to both the community and the practitioner. Booking patrons must bear in mind that despite not being an employee of Pickeyweedz your deeds and actions may reflect upon us and therefore must be positive, truthful & honest in nature.
o All bookings must be done in the Spirit of Pickeyweedz core values which include:
- Expert knowledge of the work to be conducted
- Excellent Customer Service / Satisfaction
- Academic / Cultural Accuracy
Any person and/or group booking rooms found to be outright defrauding the public will be permanently banned from booking any room at Pickeyweedz.
Though divination is considered ‘For Entertainment Purposes Only’ by law, it remains a consistent practice of numerous faiths & paths and is considered part of our religious practice. We expect all patrons booking rooms for any purpose to be doing so in keeping with best practices and in good faith to provide the best possible experience for their clients.
- In other words, always be truthful and honest.
- The Pickeyweedz team reserves the right to personally vet/approve or deny any / all activities taking place at our store.
- If you have an event in the room that requires an 'assistant' it is your responsibility to provide one. If you have liability documents you would like signed - it is your responsibility to obtain the requested signatures. Neither of these will be conducted for you by the Pickeyweedz team.
- If the Pickeyweedz team receives complaints about your no-shows for the client’s booked time more than three times in a quarter, you will no longer be able to book rooms at Pickeyweedz
The following activities constitute acceptable practice in a booked room:
o Tarot Reading
o Oracle Reading
o Runes / Bones / Coins or other similar divination techniques
o Past Life Regression Work
o Energy Healing / Reiki / Guided Meditations / Trance Channeling
o Shamanistic Healing
o Consultations / Therapy (Licensed Practitioners Only) / Wire Wrapping Services
The following activities constitute UNACCEPTABLE practice in a booked room:
- Anything that might be considered lewd behavior i.e., pornography, sexual activity.
- Any practice that is blatantly inaccurate culturally and/or academically.
- Any activity that causes a disturbance, altercation, or a nuisance to the Pickeyweedz team or others in and/or around the store.
- Any violent activity or activity that might have the tendency to instill violence.
- Any activity that could be construed as physical/mental harassment, sexual harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
- No consumption or distribution of illicit substances including but not limited to alcohol or any drug.
- Any unlawful activity whatsoever.
- You will be banned from the store & you will be reported to the Clarks Summit / South Abington Police Department/s immediately.
Bring what you need to conduct your sessions for the day and take them home with you upon completion.
o Neither Pickeyweedz nor our landlord will be held responsible for any damage, theft, or other loss to your personal property.
o If your equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen Pickeyweedz assumes no liability or responsibility.
o If you leave your equipment or property in disregard of these rules you will no longer be able to book rooms at Pickeyweedz.
- The booking party is fully as well as financially liable for any and all damage to the booked room caused by negligence, carelessness, or abuse of the booked room.
o Neither Pickeyweedz nor our Landlord assumes any liability or responsibility for any injury to you or to your client during a booked room session.
o Neither Pickeyweedz nor our Landlord assumes any liability or responsibility for any result from your booked session and is to be held harmless for any result of work conducted in your booked room regardless of the activity.
A signature on the signature sheet maintained at the counter and/or your use of the booked room shall constitute a binding agreement and a complete understanding & agreement to comply with this policy.
SIGNED (Patron / Room Booker): __________________________________ Date: __ / __ / ___
Phone Number: ____________________
MANAGEMENT SIGNATURE: _____________________________________ Date: __ / __ / ___