So you want to work at a Metaphysical store? Sounds like fun and it is!
It is also still a retail store and with that, all of the same requirements that other stores have are needed here with the additional requirements unique to a store that specializes in Witchcraft and other esoteric practices.
We are collecting applications at this time for a part-time sales associate. Please review the below and if you feel you are a good match for what we are seeking - please click the link at the bottom to fill out our electronic employment application. Compensation for this role starts at $12/hour via direct deposit. Employees of Pickeyweedz enjoy a 20% discount on all products with the exception of consignments. We are looking to fill this role by Spring 2023
We are looking for a candidate that fits within our small, diverse team and is willing to always go the extra mile. Pickeyweedz prides itself on catering to a diverse population spanning esoteric practices from around the world. We need a candidate who is not afraid to dive into practices they may not personally use but to gain at least a working/general knowledge base to assist those that do; to help them find what they are looking for.
All of the Pickeyweedz team is expected to be ever the student, always willing to learn something new, and always willing to help any customer that walks through our door. We are looking for candidates that are enthusiastic about practice as well as delighting our customers. We are in a constant state of growth and we need team members that are willing to grow right along with us.
Sales Associate Job Duties & Background Requirements
- Customer Service
- When we say customer service what we mean is what is known as 'white glove' customer service. Each and every person that walks through our door needs to be acknowledged and every effort must be made that they feel at home in our store. We do not want them pestered by aggressive sales tactics - what we do want is that they never feel ignored and know that they are welcome and that we are there to help if needed. If the customer has a question we give them an accurate answer and if we don't know we are honest and tell them we don't know BUT we are happy to find out the answer for them. Customers are never just a number or a sale with us. They are OUR community so we go the extra mile for each and every one of them.
- Complete Sales Transactions
- Pickeyweedz operates with a digital point-of-sale system that requires a working knowledge of tablets, computers, digital bar-code scanners, and cell phones. As such, all Pickeyweedz team members must be proficient with technology and have an aptitude to learn new job skills as they are integrated into the sales process.
- We also conduct sales via our eCommerce platform and all Pickeyweedz team members must have aptitude with processing online orders, properly packing products for shipment and customer communication.
- Telephone Etiquette
- Our phone rings all day with questions ranging from directions to the store, hours of operation to in-depth customer questions related to spirituality. All Pickeyweedz team members must have an excellent, warm & friendly telephone manner that portrays the professionalism of the Pickeyweedz brand.
- Product Knowledge
- This goes hand-in-hand with customer service. We are constantly updating and changing our inventory so that there is always something new to see for our returning customers. There are some items that are static in that we always stock them but the important takeaway is to be prepared for change as we add new things every day. We sell over 200 varieties of herbs & teas, over 200 gemstones/crystals each with its own specific metaphysical application. All Pickeyweedz team members are expected to continually develop their personal knowledge of every product we carry as our customers will ask you for assistance on any or all products in the store. We have to be that resource for them.
- Retail Manager Support
- Our Manager is responsible for our store operation and in-turn all Sales Associates are responsible to her by assisting with whatever is needed to ensure our store operates successfully. Some examples (but not limited to) are below:
- Assist with stocking shelves and ensuring they are merchandised correctly
- Assist with ensuring the store is clean/safe. This includes dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting surfaces & communicating potential safety concerns
- Clearly communicating questions/concerns to the Store Manager
- Alerting the Store Manager to low stock conditions
- Assist the Store Manager with opening/closing procedures
- Cash Handling
- Demonstrated grasp of fiscal math
- Cash Counting
- Calculating Discounts & Margins
- Proficiency with register operation/sales transactions ranging from cash, cards, and gift cards
- Demonstrated Calm Demeanor when working under stress in front of customers
- We get the occasional 'muggle' who enters the store only to cause disruption. Whether they are pushing a religious, political, or other message - our job is to de-escalate to bring down the fervor to a polite conversation or if need be to show them the door. This does not happen very often, but as a Pickeyweedz team member - you should know how to politely take control. As a rule, we do not discuss politics or argue about religious fundamentalism. Our store is a 'safe space' for all regardless of beliefs. Just don't be a jerk!
- Loss Prevention - Stealing from a Witch store isn't the best plan for success. Our store is blessed and cleansed at least once daily and there are measures in place to follow thieves to the end of their days. However, there are still some that may be foolish enough to steal from us. As such, all Pickeyweedz team members are expected to master basic loss prevention techniques in use at many leading retail establishments. Our store manager has a great deal of experience and will train you up as a young Jedi if needed. Pickeyweedz will prosecute any thief to the furthest extent of the law.
- Punctuality & Reliability
- Show up for scheduled shifts on time and ready to go. We are a small team so you really do make a difference here good or bad. Showing up is vital to our team as we truly depend on each other.
- Practical knowledge & experience in at least one esoteric tradition
- On a daily basis, we have questions posed by customers on a wide variety of esoteric subjects. All Pickeyweedz staff must have at least some background in order to better assist our customers with their inquiries. We are looking for actual practitioners, not internet practitioners. Our area hosts a diverse range of cultural practices so no one will have it all - but if you have a solid foundation in at least one tradition it is a great starting point.
- Things that might make you stand out in an interview:
- Technical or advanced expertise with the usage and troubleshooting of electronic devices i.e. laptop, tablets, Bluetooth, etc.
- Event Organizational Leadership experience
- Membership in an esoteric order i.e. O.T.O., The Golden Dawn, etc.
- Documented education/certification in Herbalism & Natural Medicine
- Documented certification as a Reiki Master
- Documented certification in Tarot i.e. Biddy Tarot Reader
Click to Apply